Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Monthly Inspiration - Webster's Pages

Well here it is ... the paper line that the Design Team have used for their Monthly Inspiration is Webster's Pages!

Using the Scrapbook & Cards Today Sketch Calendar as a starting point Lorena & Mellisa have come up with these two very different layouts using the Webster's Pages papers and embellishments.


Lorena's Take:






 
I always find multiple photos to be a challenge for me - so I changed it up a little by cutting them in circles.  I used a Martha Stewart stamp for the butterflies, carrying on the them of Webster's Pages use of butterflies throughout this paper line.  The calendar is a journaling card from the same collection.  I used the I-rock to bling it up a little.  Here is a design tip - if you want to colour match your gems to your page, you need not buy all different colours of gems.  I simply use a Sharpie (or you could use an alcohol ink) to colour the gems to match.  I made my signature cabbage rose, and put a gem in the center with the I-rock.  The buttons are Webster's Pages too.  A little lace and twine and there you go!

The journaling reads: 
You two are the best things that have ever happened to me.  My beautiful babies. Stay this cute forever"


Mellisa's Take:






Mellisa has selected some great photos of her sister for her layout - again sticking with the 3 photo theme of the Page Map's calendar. Utilizing some bling as well she turned an ordinary tag into something extraordinary and very shabby chic!  Distressing the photos and a flocked rub-on give Mellisa's layout a vintage feel.  The teal Webster's Pages Bloomers were the perfect touch for this layout.  Stick on a few Robin's Nest Dew Drops and voila!

The journaling reads:
"A day to remember"

Well there you have it folks!  Two designers, and two different takes on the same Page Map and using the same papers.

Lets see what you can come up with.  Show us your Webster's Pages finest.  All Webster's Pages is on sale for the entire month of March at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking.  Come on in and you can also see the Designer's pages up close and personal!

Let us know what you think by leaving a comment, and we might hand out some BLOG CANDY!!!

~Lorena~

1 comment:

  1. Both beautiful, both so different! That's why sketches are so much fun! Hopefully I have some time to do my march pagemap.

    ReplyDelete