Friday, June 1, 2012

June Page Maps - Your Design Team - Sew wonderful

Auntie Em's Design Team have outdone them selves this month with a theme of sewing or stitching on your layout based on the June sketch from the Scrapbook Today PageMaps calendar.


We used Echo Park's This & That collection for this challenge. As well as some Memo Pins from Tim Hotz, Chipboard pieces from Bazzill, and buttons from Bazzill Basics. 


You can get in on the challenge too by creating a layout based on the June sketch from the calender and make sure you use some sewing or stitching in your layout.  Bring it to Auntie Em's and you could win a prize!



Lorena's Take:   Fun and Games

I did machine stitching on the centre of the layout, a hand stitched blanket stitch on the journaling pocket and faux stitching is several spots, including the spot where my sewing machine decided to give me grief LOL!

































Stephanie's Take: Boys

I'm not a big fan of sewing on my  pages.  Not because I don't like the look, I'm just not good at it.  I tried many different things, but nothing worked.  Finally I just did a very simple stitching on a piece of pattern paper and added it to the bottom of my page.  After seeing the wonderful things the other girls did, I will try to do more stitching on my pages.



Sarah's TakeSwoosh


I used the Sew Easy system to add brown stitching as a vertical border. A little stitching can go a long way but I think it adds a really nice touch.






Nancy's Take:


I used the stitching to create my baseballs it gives them a really cute feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment