Friday, May 11, 2012

Let's Go Buffalo!

My husband Matt says that he's lucky to have a wife who likes to watch sports. He's right. He is lucky! In all seriousness, I do love my sports, my favourites being hockey and football.

During the NFL season, Sundays in my household are reserved for watching football. Matt has been a life-long Buffalo Bills fan. If you know anything about football, you know that he's a long-suffering Buffalo Bills fan! Anyway, he talked for years about going to Buffalo to see an NFL game live.

This past October, we did just that. We drove to Buffalo to experience the NFL in person. It was amazing and Buffalo actually won the game...which, if you know anything about football, doesn't happen all that often!

I took lots of amazing pictures. So, when I saw Get Your Game On collection by My Little Yellow Bicycle Auntie Em's, I thought it was perfect! Here is what I came up with:


I love Little Yellow Bicycle paper! It's so thick and of high quality. That being said, creating these pages was challenging. The colours of the paper are not the colours of the Buffalo Bills! As you can see, the papers are green, a sort of beige and brown. Buffalo's colours are blue,red and white. I decided not to fight it and combine all the colours.

On the first page, I used pictures of Matt and I all smiles after the Bills won the game.


This paper didn't need much embellishment. Plus, this is a football page so flowers weren't exactly appropriate. I think I was pretty successful at adding embellishments that were masculine enough to go with the theme of the page.

Here is a list of the techniques I used:
- Sanded the edge of the pictures
- Used the Big Shot to cut the blue tag
- Used a border punch to create the mini-border is red cardstock
- Used Distress Ink on a piece of chipboard and journalled on it using a white pen
- Repeated the colour blue by using a piece of rickrack ribbon
- Used a fabric covered button and covered it with a green Distress Ink
- Sprayed the corrugated cardboard piece with Perfect Pearls
- Covered a piece of rope with a dark brown Distress Ink and tied it around the star
- Layered the embellishments
- Used a green Distress Ink on the Basic Grey letters (they were white originally)




The second page features Matt moments after the Bills officially won the game. To say he was excited is an understatement!


I repeated a lot of the same techniques that I did on the first page. Here's what I did differently:
- Used a Tim Holtz die and the Big Shot to make the tickets
- Used the Cricut to cut the flags for the banner
- Inked the edges of the flags with Distress Ink
- Ties the banner using rope and eyelets




Even though I had a challenge with colours, I'm really happy with the results! Check on the Get Your Game On collection at Auntie Em's!


Happy scrappin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment