Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May I present to you some Sunshine Happiness

May is here, and as I promised you April showers brought the May flowers ... in the form of Bella Blvd.'s Sunshine Happiness!

What a beautiful way to bring in the summer than with this paper line.  Full of pinks, purples, flowers, and fruit. 


Lets see what your Auntie Em's design team has come up with to inspire you to utilize the May sketch from the Scrapbook and Cards today calendar!


Nancy's take:

I decided to create a simple clean line layout and used the embossing to add another polka dot pattern. I created my blue embossed strip at the bottom using one of my favorite tools the cuddlebug. it added just the right amount of detail to a simple clean layout.








Sarah's take:


I love to heat emboss! I used sparkly embossing powder in the embellishment cluster on the right side of the photo, on the border of my fan flower and on the mini-border at the bottom left of the page. I also used mat embossing powder in chestnut for a more muted look.







Stephanie's take:


I really like dry embossing, but I don't do it very much, since I usually forget about it until it's too late.  For this layout I dry embossed the small strip of paper on the bottom right corner.  I originally used heat emboss for the little fish, in a translucent colour, but when I was done my page I was disappointed with the result.  So I decided to embossed the little fish with Liquid Pearls in white opal.  Is that wet emboss?  I don't know...








Lorena's take: 

I played up the greens and oranges from this line to bring out the colours in my kids clothes. I heat embossed the popsicle and the border on the cherry paper as well as the chicken wire on the orange paper. I dry embossed on the background of each of my photo matting. 









Remember you too can play along by bringing your May sketch using Auntie Em's product into the store - there is a fantastic prize to be won if your layout is selected as this month's winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment