Friday, August 17, 2012

Pretty Girl

For this months design team layout, I once again used pictures of my niece.  She is usually my subject of choice when I have girly paper, or embellishments to use.  It also helps that she enjoys getting her picture taken, unlike my son who either makes a silly face or places his hands in front of it.  



This month the PageMaps challenge is to create a Flag or Pendant on your layout based on the August PageMaps sketch from the Scrapbook & Cards Today calendar.  I couldn't figure out where to put the chipboard bird, so I decided to use it to create my flag.  I wanted it to look like he was holding one end of the tread and wrapped the other end around the wooden buttons.  I guess it's not really a flag in the traditional sense, but hey... scrapbooking isn't about being traditional and always following the rules.  

  
A little iridescent embossing on the chipboard letters and of course some stickles on the pink flowers of the pattern paper, and voila... Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment