Thursday, September 13, 2012

It Happens


I love PageMaps! Ever since my friend Natalie introduced me to the site, I've used their sketches as inspiration for my layouts. I really like the layouts from the 2012 PageMaps calendar...except for September's. Yeah, I'm saying it out loud: I did not like the September sketch. But I marched forward anyway and created this layout:


The collection used to create this layout is Hello Fall! by Little Yellow Bicycle, aka my favourite scrapbooking company. I used a die cut available with the collection and cut 2 more circles and placed them on the page slightly overlapped. I added the orange transparency on the right side of the page. Transparency pieces are usually available with every LYB collections. I love them because they aren't your typical embellishment.

I cropped my pictures and sanded the edges with a file.  I also create a journalling piece by using a piece of chipboard and covering it with yellow cardstock. The cardstock was a bit too yellow so I used Old Paper Distress Ink to tone it down. I added a piece of brown rickrack ribbon and some buttons.

 
The technique this month was to create our own title. I followed the instruction in the PageMaps calendar for the month of September. It was an easy technique and worked pretty well. I cheated a bit by using a transparency available with the collection.


I'm going to say something a little controversial: I don't really like my layout. Yeah, I said it. Maybe it was inevitable because I wasn't a fan of the sketch. I usually like everything I create because, as I've said many times, scrapbooking for me is about the memories. Art has very little to do with scrapbooking for me.

I used to be bothered when I created a layout that I wasn't pleased with. I've been guilty of redoing more than a few layouts because I didn't like the end result. Now, I see things a little differently. A while ago, I went to a crop and my friend AndrĂ©anne was there. Another friend made a comment that she didn't like her layout. AndrĂ©anne's reply: "It happens." I loved her nonchalant response! Really, she was right, it does happen. No big deal. You need to move on.

It was a great scrapbooking lesson to learn!

Happy scrappin'!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment