Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Self Portrait

This month we used Hello Fall! collection by Little Yellow Bicycle.  I really like this line, the colours are fabulous.  Normally I'm pretty fussy with the photos I choose, which is why my pages usually only feature one or two photos.  But this month, I used a photo that I found on my phone that my son took of himself while we were out boating during the summer.  It's by far not perfect.  He's wearing my husband's glasses and hat and his expression is pretty mundane, but I like that you can see the reflection of his arms holding the camera in his glasses. 





The technique this month was to create our own title.  I'm not very good at drawing, and I have terrible hand writing, so I decided to use button to create half of my title, the other half, I cheated and used my Cricut. 



I took the weaving pattern from the hat and used strips of paper to recreate that pattern on my page.  I also added a little Stickles (of course) to the title portion I cut with my Cricut.




No comments:

Post a Comment