Monday, October 29, 2012

It's Not Halloween

I would never pretend like I'm 'on time' in my scrapbooking. But really, I'm not that far behind (that being said, I estimate that I probably have like 60 layouts to do to 'catch up' - totally doable!)

However, I did complete a summer scrapbooking challenge in June, July and August in which I finished 61 pages. 4 of those pages are my little guy Sam's 2011 Halloween. So when I saw the paper the design team was getting for the October layout, the Whoo-ligans collections by Bo Bunny,  
my heart sank just a little bit. What on earth was I going to use for pictures?!

Lucky for me, I came across pictures of Sam with his Green Lantern glasses that he got as part of a McDonald's Happy Meal a few months ago and a crown from one of his board games. For some reason, Sam LOVES those glasses.




I based my layout on the October sketch of the PageMaps 2012 calendar. I quite like this sketch because it allowed me to use a border punch, one of my favourite scrapbooking tools. I also created dimension by using foam squares and orange ribbon on a border piece.



I created my pocket by using a scrap piece of red paper and added faux-stitching. I cut a slightly small piece of white cardstock and used Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges. I used this piece as my journalling box.



Finally, I added a frame sticker from the collection but I used foam squares to add dimension.



This layout turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I'm pretty happy with this one! Come check it out in person at Auntie Em's and complete your own layout based on the October sketch to potentially win a prize!


Happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment