Monday, October 8, 2012

Nat Noted - Oct. 8/12

Happy Thanksgiving! On this day, I am thankful for the gift of health and for my family & friends, and for all of the creativity that surrounds me.

I found a few things online which I hope you will like.

1. October 6th was World Card Making Day. I made a cute retirement card and participated in the Bo Bunny Blog Hop. There were a ton of great cards online this weekend, but these were my favourite.

Photo credit: Becky WIlliams (One Scrappin' Mama)

Photo credit: Lea L. (Lea's Cupcakes and Sunshine)




















Photobucket
Photo credit: Thienly Azim (Mod Paperie)

Photo credit: Andrea Budjack (Pink Paislee)




















2. Tim Holtz announced that the Seasonal Distress Inks are now part of the distress colour palette. This means that you can now buy the seasaonl inks separately unless, like me, you already have them all. ;-)
Photo credit: Tim Holtz

3. Lifestyle Crafts previewed a new product -- the Genius Ultimate Platform. It comes out in the Spring, but I know I already want it! These platforms fit in the Big Shot, the Vagabond and the Cuttlebug. I love that they're magnetic and include one self-healing mat and one embossing mat. Aren't you curious now?

Photo credit: Lifestyle Crafts
4. Becky Higgins celebrated the 3rd year of Project Life with classes and giveaways and these mobile backgrounds. I haven't quite figured out how to change the background on my iPhone to one of these cool backgrounds. Maybe my 9-year old son can help. LOL!!!

Photo credit: Becky Higgins
54. Debbie Hodge from Get It Scrapped! loves lists more than I do. This week, she blogged about using menswear patterns, such as houndstooth, chevron, herringbone, and pinstripes, in scrapbooking layouts. 
Photo credit: Kiki Kougioumtzi (Get It Scrapped!)

6. May Flaum took the Stamp and Show Challenge to turn something into rustification (anything that looks like rust). She altered a white foam pumpkin and leaves with Dylusions, Tim Holtz alcoholic inks, distress inks and crackle paint, and various paints from Claudine Hellmuth, Jenni Bowlin, and Adirondack. May Flaum's directions are very clear, which instantly makes me feel like I could do this project.
Photo credit: May Flaum
7. Vicki Chrisman from Miss Fancy Pants made hanging luminaries from the Summer's End line. I'm thinking this would be a great project to make with the kids!
VickiChrisman_HangingLuminaries_FPD
Photo credit: Miss Fancy Pants
8. Sometimes pictures online do not do a layout or a card or a project or a product justice. I think this is true for Pink Paislee's Portfolio collection. I liked it. But I didn't love it probably because the colours looked too muted online. Then, I got to use the collection at Crop & Create and it is stunning in person! These pictures at Moxie Fab World will give you a hint of how amazing Portfolio is.
Photo credit: Moxie Fab World
9. I really love handmade calendars. And I really want to make one for my office because it will remind of my family and that little obession/hobby/passion of mine. :-) I love the calendar Corrie Jones made. Every page is filled with great techniques and a bit of whimsy too.
Photo credit: Corrie Jones (You, Me & Crazy)

10. David Kelley gave a great TED talk on creative confidence. The video is a little over 11 minutes long, but you will love every word.

I hope you have a week filled with creative people and projects.

See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. soo much to read.Love your posts so much and can't even choose which one to comment on except for the Portfolio collection.It was on my list as soon as i saw it,and i am so happy that it was on my original must haves.it's so versatile!love the pages that i made using it.the ephemera goodies in the same,are so fun.

    ReplyDelete