Thursday, December 13, 2012

Then

Now that the month of December has started, it's only fitting that your Auntie Em's design team use Christmas-themed paper and embellishments for this month's challenge.

The collection used this month is Holly Jolly Christmas by Echo Park. It's from a few seasons ago but that just goes to show how you can find a use for past collections, even if you've past it many times in the store. Plus, it's Echo Park and how could that be bad? (It's no secret - I love Echo Park!)

Following the 2012 PageMaps calendar sketch for December, I decided to use one larger picture for this layout.


This picture brings back so many fantastic memories for me - and isn't that what scrapbooking is all about?! It was taken Christmas morning 2008 of my husband Matt holding our exactly 2-month old son Samuel. I just happened to be snapping a few pictures of papa and Sam when I saw it...Sam's first smile! Seriously. I managed to get a picture of Sam's first smile! How lucky was that??! It was such a special day to begin with but this made it even more special - my kid smiled for the first time. As any parent will tell you, this is an amazing moment that you'll never forget. Such a big moment obviously deserves it's own scrapbooking page!

I layered several patterned papers and matted the picture with the chevron pattern. I first used the Big Shot to emboss the paper with a snowflake pattern. To add some sparkle, I used Glimmer Glam in Chandelier. I also added a piece of brown trim to the bottom. Lastly, I distressed the edges of my picture and wrapped it with twine. My bow wasn't as perfect as I would have liked so I added a white brad.


The collection was accompanied by chipboard stickers and I used to the pendant in the top left of the page.


Journalling is always an important part of the scrapbooking process for me. I used the Big Shot to create my own journalling box.


Now that my husband and I are expecting our second child, I realize how fast time with Sam has gone by. It seems like yesterday that I was celebrating my first Christmas as a parent. Preserving memories through scrapbooking allows me to look back and remember these good times that fly by so quickly.

Happy scrappin'! I hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas/holidays filled with family, friends, love and good food.

~Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment