Monday, April 15, 2013

Nat Noted - April 15/13

I feel very inspired right now. Maybe because it's Spring (even though Ottawa got 15 cm of snow on April 12th). Maybe it's because we're getting more sunshine. Maybe because I'm now using the new products released at CHA Winter 2013.

While perusing the blogosphere, I was drawn to tutorials where I got even more inspiration. These four blog posts have motivated me and make me want to play with my supplies in craft room. I hope you like them too.

1. Angie Gutshall has a tutorial on layering over on Shimelle Laine's blog. I love the look of layering, but it always looks a little complicated. I like how Angie broke it down and showed pictures of the process. Doesn't seem so complicated now, does it?
A scrapbook tutorial by Angie Gutshall @ shimelle.com
Photo credit: Angie Gutshall (pretty paper.true stories)
2. Corrie Jones is one of my favourite scrapbookers right now. I love how she made her own background for this layout using tags, badges, paints, mists and Thickers. Pretty cool!

Photo credit: Corrie Jones (You, Me & Crazy)
3. I think it's amazing how Jodi Baune transformed crepe paper into a cool embellishment. Her tutorial makes it look simple too.
Photo credit: Jodi Baune (Dancing in the Rain)
4. Again over at Shimelle Laine's blog, Meghann Andrew posted five ideas for using tags. I love this layout where Meghann used tags to replace patterned paper.
Five Ideas for Using Tags by Meghann Andrew @ shimelle.com
Photo credit: Meghann Andrew (pretty paper.true stories)
I hope you have a week full of inspiration and find time to make beautiful things!


Find more scrap happiness at mamanhall.blogspot.ca or follow me on Twitter @mamanhall.

1 comment: