Monday, April 29, 2013

Nat Noted - April 29/13

So many great ideas floating online this week. I was drawn to five tutorials on five amazing techniques. It looks so simple. The results are beautiful. I think I can try these! I hope you do too!

1. Kimberly Crawford posted a great tutorial for stamping with watercolour markers.

2. Watercolour seems to be a little trendy right now. Over on Shimelle Laine's blog, the amazing Lilith Eckles created a watercoloured look using gelatos and sprays. Very good step-by-step instructions.
Working with Watercolour by Lilith Eeckels @ shimelle.com
Photo credit: Lilith Eckles (pretty paper.true stories)
3. Lisa Dickinson has a nice tutorial on how to add embroidery to your layout. 
BasicGrey | Embroidery | Lisa Dickinson
Photo credit: Lisa Dickinson (Basic Grey)
4. Tina Walker from My Mind's Eye created a very cool mini-album. She used plastic bags on her pages! Although there is some ironing involved, it looks super easy to make and the end result is super beautiful.
Tina Walker for MME
Photo credit: Tina Walker (My Mind's Eye)
5. I am using more and more mixed media elements in my scrapbooking these days. They're so much fun to play with and you don't need to be perfect to create something beautiful. Mixed media includes gesso, modelling paste, acrylic paints, sprays and other art mediums. Prima has an excellent post on how to use some of these elements, but I suggest you try just one on your next layout. Careful! They are addictive! ;-)
I hope these posts have inspired to get creative.

Have a fabulous week!


Find more scrap happiness at mamanhall.blogspot.ca or follow me on Twitter @mamanhall.


No comments:

Post a Comment